Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Yummly - Feature Food Blog wrap up

Howdy y'all check out this feature that was done about me yesterday on yummly.com 

 Featured Food Blog: The Tomato Snob

By On · In Food Blog of the Day
 
Name: Jaime Verk Pérez
Name of blog:
 The Tomato Snob
Twitter: 
@thetomatosnob
Location:
 Toronto
Describe your culinary style.
My culinary style is laid back honest food with a hint of gourmet. I hate the fussy French traditions and prefer take a simple fresh approach to maintain the quality of seasonal ingredients.
What is the main source of inspiration for your recipes?
I draw inspiration from a global flavors and put my own local twist on classic cultural dishes. For example right now I’m working on a recipe for Jamaican Pepperpot Soup using Ontario okra that’s in season right now. I love allowing one ingredient to inspire the culinary journey – you never know where it’s going to take you.
If you could have one food while stranded on a desert island, what would it be? 
It would be any sort of Asian noodle soup. Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese I’ll take any of them as long as I have hot sauce & fresh herbs.


For someone new to your blog, which recipes do you recommend they try first?
What is your ultimate guilty food pleasure? 
My ultimate guilty food pleasure is going to a nice restaurant with a bunch of open minded food loving friends and ordering a very large selection of the menu. I want to taste everything!
Define Yummly.
To me yummly represents the love and ease of finding delicious recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!