Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Warm Basil Potatoes

This potato salad style dish is made with roasted potatoes  and can be served hot or room temp. If you  want to serve the dish cold I would recommend boiling the potatoes instead of roasting. A few weeks ago I bought a huge bunch of fresh local basil and this was a great way to enjoy a heaping handful of one of my favorite herbs. This recipe utilizes my recipe for Lebanese Garlic Sauce. Basically add a ton of chopped basil to a few tbs of the Labanese garlic sauce then smother all over warm roasted potatoes and presto perfect side dish for dinner. If you are going to serve this as a potato salad add super finely sliced celery, radishes and some green onion. Simple is always delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Love basil, love potatoes so this is a winner in by book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the twist on potato salad. Looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basil works great with potatoes - this looks like a great sidedish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!