Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Birthday Pie?

Why is cake always the center of every festivity? Who died and made cake the boss at birthdays, wedding and anniversaries. Why is there no birthday pie? Pondering all these fine questions as I plan my best friends birthday dessert. He's a pie kinda guy so I figure a birthday pie would be just perfect. I've also decided to use nectarines instead of the ever popular peach. This year nectarine and blueberry pie will take the cake at Loone Lake in Muskoka for Mr. Bills birthday cottage extravaganza. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
- chow for now
UPDATE: Pie turned into hung over birthday crumble but was no less delicious!

4 comments:

  1. I'm totally in favour of birthday pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually turned into an I'm too hungover to bake a pie lets make it a birthday crumble... and was a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Birthday pie, how about birthday fudge...I'm a true chocoholic.

    If you do end up doing a b-day pie, we'd love to see a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh... a birthday fudge I don't see why not. Photos are on there way... stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!