Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Spring Veg- Buckwheat noodles with spring veg

This post should have been published a few weeks ago. I just love the spring! Seriously my friends are starting to think i've gone nuts - I get so excited to welcome asparagus and obviously tomatoes to Ontario. Being seasonally obsessed i've been deprived from my red seeded friends since I was in Mexico in december and oh how i've missed them. In tomato season I usually enjoy them raw since they are so sweet and delicious. This recipe should come right after my fiddle heads post as I used the left overs in this dish as well. Buckwheat noodles with spring veg INGREDIENTS:
left over fiddle heads - finely chopped (see Hey Diddle Diddle some shallots and some fiddle post)
Japanese buckwheat noodles - boil and rinse in ice cold water
1 garlic clove - minced
1 head of asparagus - blanched and trimmed
1 bunch of campari tomatoes - cut in quarters
1 bunch of cherry tomatoes - cut in half
handful of crumbled Bulgarian feta cheese
handful of parsley - rough chop (optional)
1/2 lemon - juiced
olive oil
salt
pepper
PREP: cook noodles in boiling water - then shock in cold water when cooked. Keep the boiling pasta water to 
quickly blanch the asparagus (1-2 mins) then add them to the chilled pasta water. Drain well. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and give a quick toss. Easy breezy fresh and fabulous food. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!