Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Leslieville Cheese Market

The Leslieville cheese market is one of my favorite little spots on Queen west, and lucky for me it's right around the corner from where I live. They have the most amazing croissants the almond ones are to die for. Their breads are magnificent crunchy and soft perfectly baked. Some of my favorites include the french baguette or their black olive loaf. Their cheese selections can be a bit expensive, but are well worth it. When I want to splurge on Quebec cheeses I can't resist this place. LCM has two locations both on queen street, the second one sits comfortably in its namesake neighborhood Leslieville (Queen St east). What I also love about this place is that I can get my Organic Medow dairy products. I'll be doing a post on them soon, because I'm a huge advocate of their products. I buy my milk old school in glass bottles, and I just love it. LCM hold a $2.00 fee for the bottle that is returned to you once your done, or you just trade it in next time you buy milk. The Healthy Butcher a few doors down from LCM also provides this service on Orgain Medow milk. Another thing I love about the LCM are their  house made salamies and pepperettes. They also hold nightly cheese classes, and private tasting parties as well as a tour of their cheese cave. In the summer I love this place for a quick picnic. 
Picking up a baguette some yummy cheese and a few pepperettes, then heading to Trinity Bellwoods park for for an afternoon outside. All the spring things to look forward to on this snowy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!